ceia is dedicated to promoting empathy in international affairs. We believe empathising can deepen understanding, improve policymaking and reduce violent conflict. We work to strengthen the practical application of empathy to international challenges.
We explore and promote the use of empathy to
- Provide a deeper understanding of others
- Inform foreign policymaking, strengthen diplomacy, and
- Contribute to the avoidance and resolution of violent conflict.
- Apply empathy to contemporary challenges
- Run trainings for diplomats and practitioners, and
- Conduct research and analysis to enhance peacemaking.
Articles, papers and think pieces on contemporary issues and challenges.
Insights, ideas and analysis on empathy in international affairs.
Interviews with leading experts, academics, diplomats, and practitioners.
The latest news from the Center for Empathy in International Affairs.